The following are exempted:
- Local urban and extraurban public transport buses in scheduled service or in programmed public transport service pursuant to art. 13 L.R. n. 42/1998.
- Buses of the Police Force or the Armed Forces, or those owned by the Province of Florence, the Tuscany Region, or municipalities in the Province of Florence.
- Buses in service in substitution of train services or when an emergency bus substitutes a train that is out of order or whose railtracks are out of order. No stopping allowed.
- Empty buses directed towards garages situated in the ZTL Bus for technical assistance; exiting the garage, said buses must be provided with a declaration issued by the garage attesting the work done. No stopping allowed.
- Buses in authorized service pursuant to art.14 LR 42/1998 and s.m.i. or authorized national and international scheduled service whose final stop is in the parking lot Guidoni and which transit in municipal territory along the following roads: Viadotto del Ponte all’Indiano, V.le Gori, V.le degli Astronauti, V.le Guidoni (portion V.le degli Astronauti-V.le XI Agosto), V.le XI Agosto (portion V.le Guidoni-V.le Luder), V.le Luder, Via Z. Da Peretola.
Access by the aforementioned categories of vehicles to zones protected by telematic systems is allowed only after authorization, which must be obtained by communicating the licence plate of the accessing vehicle to the competent office.
For the buses described in letter A, communication of the licence plate shall be by the signatory of the service contract or the business entrusted with the service, validated, in the latter case, by the said signatory.
For the buses described in letter C, communication of the licence plate shall be by the Ferrovie dello Stato or businesses entrusted with the service, validated, in the latter case, by the Ferrovie dello Stato.
In the case of unauthorized access, the vehicle shall be sanctioned according to law.